Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting and saving a new drawing, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson, I will show you how to properly open, begin, and save your…sketch in SketchBook Pro.…To begin, let's open a New Drawing File.…Now, since we have one that's already open, you can always go back to File and select New.…In this case, we have a new file, so it's not necessary to do that.…Let's go ahead and move our cursor down to the user interface lagoon…and select the Pencil.…Now again, as we've discussed in earlier lessons, you can also select the…tool from your toolbox.…
We leave that up also as an option. So let's go ahead and select the Pencil, now…let's go ahead and double-click on the Pencil Editor, and this will allow us to…take a look at the type of pencil we want to start with now.…Since we are starting our drawing and we are not quite sure what we want, let's…go ahead and use a harder Pencil with a lighter nib and that allows you to make…a drawing with very light pencil lines.…Let's go ahead and create another cube.…Again try to make your cube so that it doesn't have too much convergence.…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects