Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting software preferences, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson I will show you how to set preferences to make drawing and…painting in Sketchbook Pro as natural and efficient as possible.…Let's begin by moving our cursor to the main menu bar and clicking on the Edit…tab and click on Preferences.…Now you do have several preferences to go over here and what we will do is we'll…go over the first four and that's General, Brush, Canvas, and System.…We'll get into Lagoon in a later lesson.…Let's begin with General options.…
Now the first box says Display layers introduction to screen, Add Image:…import into new layer.…I usually leave those unchecked, because I'd like to have an unencumbered canvas as I draw.…So it's a good idea to leave those open. Here is Page Up.…This allows you to open a previous drawing or open the next image.…No you can turn those on or off depending on which one you want.…This one basely allows you to go back and open a previous image. Undos.…Now this one is an interesting one, because Sketchbook pro actually allows you…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects