Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting a brush, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson, I'll show you how to select and adjust your brush tools in SketchBook Pro.…Let's begin by going to the user interface and clicking on the Brush tool icon.…Here are the seven primary tools in SketchBook Pro.…Let's take a look at the Pencil tool.…Now as you hover over each one, a little name tag will pop-up to share with you…what tenth tool is for.…Let's go ahead and double-click on Pencil tool and by double-clicking you bring…up the Brush Properties.…In this case, this is for a pencil.…
So by sliding the bar to the right, the pen grows in size and by sliding it to…the left it decreases in size.…You have your option of saving the brush setting that you like or you can reset…it to the default or you can cancel it.…One of the things I want you to keep in mind when you're adjusting your brushes…is to look at the Preview window.…This will give you an idea of what the brushstroke will look like when you're drawing.…Let's go ahead and close that and go to the Airbrush.…
Here is the Airbrush tool. As you can see you can adjust by Size and you can…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects