Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating views with gridlines, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson, I'll show you how to add views to a drawing using Sketchbook Pro.…Using layers, you can realign elements of a drawing, transfer your locations to…form a grid and create additional views.…To begin, let's open the techbunny.tif file.…Let's go to the top of the main menu, press File > Open and techbunny.…What we're going to do here is we are going to create layers to create our grid.…So let's go to the interface lagoon, Tools, and select Layers.…Now what we're going to do here is we're going to open a new layer, and we're…going to rename that.…
Let's go ahead and click that out to clear the image, Layer 2, and create GRID.…Let's go ahead and save that.…Let's go ahead and create one more layer, go ahead and clear that and call that…Layer 3 and we'll call that PROFILE.…I will now come back to that a little later and explain to you why I did that.…Now, let's go ahead and lock down the original layer and this will prevent us…from accidentally sketching over it and changing our original drawing.…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects