Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a texture brush, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson I'll show you how to create a Texture Brush.…Creating a Texture brush will allow you to sketch-in textures and patterns based…on an onboard shape or a graphic shape that you create yourself.…To begin, let's take our cursor and move to the interface lagoon and select on…our Brush tool's icon.…To create a brush, what you need to do is click on the Show Custom Brush window…and click on the new Do-It-Yourself Brush icon.…To start, you will have to base your brush on a particular tool.…In this case, we're going to base it on the Airbrush.…
Hit the button Create and you'll see a new icon in your Do-It-Yourself Brush menu.…Go ahead and double-click on that and you see a very large Brush Properties…menu that will appear on your screen.…What we'll first do is adjust the Opacity, so we can see the brush in…our preview window.…You can adjust both Heavy and the Light Opacity Pressure control.…Keep your eye on both the preview window and in the preview window down below…because what we're going to be doing is we're going be creating our shape based…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects