Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding to a drawing, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson we'll continue to work on the drawing we began in the lesson…starting a new drawing.…Let's begin by opening the startdraw.tif file.…So we'll go ahead and take your cursor to the main menu, File > Open, and click…on the startdraw file.…Now as you see the drawing where we last left off is up here in the upper left…corner of our canvas.…So what we like to do is bring that more into the center of the canvas.…What I'm going to do is go to user interface, click Edit, Lasso Select, I'll go…and anchor the Lasso tool, bring it around, okay, wait for the pop-up button to…allow us to bring it in.…
Once we lift up off our tablet, we can go ahead and position in the Scale button…and moved it to the right.…Now remember, if we move to the left we go small.…So I'm going to go ahead and move that up.…I'll move back up to the Move section, so we can move that into position and deselect.…What we're going to do in this is we're going to add a little more detail.…Go ahead and select the Pencil. There are two ways using the user interface…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects