Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Color mapping controls, part of SketchUp Rendering: Using V-Ray 2.
- Color or tone mapping is an internal process that V-Ray…uses in order to map the color values found…in our rendered pixels, effecting the way in which…the brightest and darkest colors are represented.…The process has a number of similarities…to a camera's exposure control…or even the response of the human eye…to light levels found in an environment,…given that color mapping is designed to map…the colors rendered internally by V-Ray to a range…that is both usable and viewable by the rendering artist.…Of course, color mapping, in some form or another,…is something that all render engines have to do internally…because without this final translation…of collected information to usable pixel color values,…we wouldn't get anything in the way of pleasing images…out of our render engines.…
One of the potentially useful things about the way…in which V-Ray goes about things though,…is the fact that it allows us to make some prerender choices…regarding how the color mapping process is to work.…This gives us the ability to determine in advance,…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.