Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video The slab, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details (2015).
- So, there's two things to create for the slab.…There's the perimeter insulation…here, and then, we've got the slab going in,…and both, just simple rectangles.…Okay, we've got a little bit of Push/Pulling to do…down this end.…This is 50 mm wide,…and both of these are 150 mm high.…They come up to the top of the damp proof course.…So, let's go over to our CH02-11 file,…and let's create the slab.…
So, perimeter installation can go in first.…Probably the easiest thing to do…is just to create a rectangle.…Let's draw it down against this corner.…We'll take it up…to this point here.…And then, we'll pull it with the Push/Pull tool…50 mm in that direction.…Then, we'll grab this line.…So, select that line,…the Move tool, tap the Ctrl key…on the Windows machine…or the opt/alt key on the Mac,…and let's do a 50 mm copy of that line.…
Then, we've got this surface that we can just simply…pull along to a point round about here.…Take it to the edge.…Triple click.…Right click.…Make Component…and Perimeter insulation…and Create.…Finally, we've go the slab.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.