Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video The model settings, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- We're now in CH02-08, Model Settings…and this is a very simple piece of geometry that I've set up…it's a cube with a curved front,…I've also applied a section cut and a couple of guides,…so we can go through various options on the model settings…in the styles dialogue box, this is on the edit tab…it's the last one that we come to.…Now it's worth noting that,…whilst you might not be familiar with this…you're probably familiar with things that you see…when you use SketchUp that are controlled…through the styles, and you might not be aware of that.…
Things like section planes.…If I un-tick section planes then this is hidden,…it's now changed on this toolbar…and it's asking me for the style to be updated.…Other things like view,…section cuts, that's also…going to show the section plane but not the section cut,…it's changed the status of these tool-bars,…it's changed that and it's also said,…"update the style if you want to keep these changes".…So, these things are very worthwhile looking at.…
So we'll start off with the colors.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.