Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video The background settings, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're in chapter 2-04, the background settings.…And this is where we left off,…I've just closed down the materials dialog box,…we don't need that anymore.…I know this needs updating,…but we'll work our way through the settings first.…What we're gonna concentrate on now…is the background settings.…It's the middle one on the edit tab.…So we click on that and this gives us…the default background settings…for the Architectural Design Style.…Currently, the background color is this browny color.…
And we also have the option for sky and ground.…If I turn them all on for the moment,…we can see what sort of option we got.…And we can change all of these colors,…so if I wanted the ground to be much darker,…then I could do that.…If I wanted the transparency to change,…then I can also affect that.…If I wanted to show the ground from below,…so as I rotate up, orbit up,…then I can see through the ground into that.…So the more or less transparent I make this setting,…the more or less we can see through the ground.…
So we can't see anything through it now,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.