Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video The amazing scrapbook, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we've come to chapter 12,…and this is dedicated to this thing,…the scrapbook and I've called it the amazing scrapbook…because it is pretty amazing.…Not only can you create content for it,…but it'll take an entire drawing.…It'll take 2-D stuff.…It'll take 3-D stuff.…It'll link to an existing SketchUp file.…It'll link to a SketchUp file through a file path.…So you can access pretty much any content you want.…
It is very very flexible.…What you need to know about it…is where things are kept.…Really, I think that's probably the bottom line.…And just to recap, if we go to Edit and Preferences,…and if you have a Mac, it's the Layout and Preferences,…and Folders, there's a scrapbooks folder.…So you've got your program on your hard drive.…You've also got your local user file…and any other file paths that you've put in.…
Now we put in the user desktop,…and I called it Desktop Scrapbook a while back,…so this is where I'm getting access to this stuff.…Everything else from trees up,…that's all located in the Program Data Folder.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.