Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with irradiance mapping: Part 2, part of SketchUp Rendering: Using V-Ray 2.
- Having already created a basic irradiance mapping solution…we are in this video going to work at refining what we have.…As you can see in the render, taken from where we left off…in the previous exercise, we currently have a fairly blunt…GI solution that really does not work as a final…production quality lighting setup.…The question then is: How do we go about improving things?…Well, one thing we could do with an interior setting…such as this is give our irradiance mapping engine…a bit of a helping hand by making use of some Sky portals.…Now a Sky portal is an operating mode…of the V-Ray rectangular light that provides us…with a mechanism for essentially pointing the GI engines…to areas of the scene from where direct light is coming.…
This in turn helps V-Ray make more intelligent decisions…regarding issues of irradiant samples.…From the Window menu then,…lets open up the Layers dialogue, and unhide…the Sky portal layer that we have there.…Now once we have added the rectangle lights…that we will be using and position them appropriately…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.