Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Working on the inside of the door wall, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- Before we start adding insulation to the end walls,…let us go ahead and change the layer of this plywood.…I'm going to hold down shift and click on each one…of these pieces…and then go to Window, Entity Info…and change the layer to Interior Plywood.…Let's see if that worked.…I'll toggle it off, and yes.…Let's go to the Styles window next,…and turn on the section planes.…I'd like to rotate that section plane,…so I'm going to select it, press Q for rotate,…and I want to rotate it in this blue circle…so notice if you bring it closer to the section plane,…the rotate gizmo is going to change.…
So I want to lock in the blue direction.…I'll hold down shift, then I can bring it over here…and rotate that.…Let's rotate it 90 degrees…Let us also move the section plane so it is close to wall…and toggle it off.…Now we can focus on this wall.…So I am going to hide the doorframe by selecting it…and pressing H.…And I am also going to hide this piece of plywood here…and this one over here.…
That way I can have unobstructed access to this end wall.…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2015 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 54m Appropriate for all
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.