Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Adaptive DMC engine, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- As the name suggests, the Adaptive DMC engine…adds adaptivity to the image sampling process in V-Ray.…Meaning that based on user input parameters,…the engine can and will make some very deliberate decisions…regarding where and how it will place and use…samples in the scene.…Now given that the engine is the default…inside of V-Ray for SketchUp,…chances are that each and every time…we start a new scene,…we're going to be working with the…Adaptive DMC engine from the get-go.…Indeed, if I open up the options editor,…and jump into the image sampler rollout,…you could see that this is indeed the case…in our start scene here.…
Now as we don't have have tons of control parameters…when using this option,…we clearly have more than the fixed rate engine gave us.…The main control parameters here are these…min and max subdiv values.…These give V-Ray the option to make use of…as many, or as few samples according to…the min and max values as it deems unnecessary…in order to achieve the desired level…of noise reduction in an image.…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.