Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Window board and skirting, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So we're just going to complete the modeling…by adding the window board, this little return…of plaster board, and this skirting board or base board…to the bottom.…I've created profiles for the window board and…the skirting board, so if you have access to the…premium content you can get those,…but they're very simple anyway.…So, if we move over to Chapter 503,…then we can finish off the modeling and get on with the…process of organizing our model.…So, if you have access to the premium content…then the window components folder…contains the window board,…and it also contains the skirting board.…
So we'll pull out the window board first.…And let's just position that say at that point.…And by double clicking I'm using the push pole,…we can take that through to this point,…which is the return of the plaster board…on the outside edge.…So that was that bit done.…We've also got to put in the plaster board…that runs on this point going in.…So that's a 13 mil wide rectangle,…and let's not worry about length for the moment.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.