This course on SketchUp for Interior Design is an intermediate level course, which means that you should have some working knowledge of SketchUp before you begin. If you do not, you may want to try starting with George Maestri's SketchUp 2013 Essential Training course. You can learn more about what you should know before watching this course on SketchUp from this online video.
SketchUp for Interior Design is an intermediate level course, which means that I assume you have a basic understanding of how SketchUp works. If you have little to no experience with SketchUp, I highly recommend that you start with SketchUp 2013 Essential Training course by George Maestri. In it, George gives you a clearer introduction to all the key concepts and tools you'll need to start working in SketchUp right away. Once you have a good grasp of the basics, you should be able to complete this project based course.
If you're curious to learn more about the intricacies of SketchUp software, you can also refer to George Maestri's course, SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniques on the lynda.com training library.
- Drawing 2D floor plans in SketchUp
- Selecting the right template and tools
- Creating components
- Cleaning up walls and creating door and window openings
- Using x-ray views when adding doors and windows
- Using layers to manage your views effectively
- Capturing materials to use in your design
- Applying materials to components
- Exporting your drawing as an image
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
Revit for Interior Design: Interior Wallswith Ed Cotey3h 34m Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Quick Start: Creating a 2D Floor Plan
2. Building a Small Residence
3. Working with Components and Adjusting Views
4. Working with Materials
5. Background Photos and Special Effects
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.