Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- Although I will, for the duration of this course be doing my best to keep you informed as to twolocations and keyboard short cuts that I make use of, inside of SketchUp, I will still, to a certain extent, be assuming that you are at least familiar with the basics of using the application. If you are new to SketchUp, and so need to learn how to master the basics, before you are able to continue working through our SketchUp 'Rendering with V-RAY 2' course, then I would strongly recommend you check out some of the really informative SketchUp courses that can already be found here on 'lynda.com'.
Perhaps focusing, first of all, on any essential training titles. In order to easily access the model and texture files contained in the exercise files download that you may have access to, there is a little bit of application set up that you may want to run through with me in order to help make things run a little more smoothly. From the 'Window' menu then, let's open up our 'System's Preferences' dialogue, and from the 'File' section, point, at the very least, our 'Models', and 'Texture Images' folders, to the, 'Exercise Files' folder, which in my case, has been placed on my computer's Desktop.
A few other skills that you may find it useful to have under your belt as you work through this course, would include, Photography, and it's general principles, but with a particular focus on photographic lighting and exposure, as well of course of knowledge of working with any other rendering engines, whether that be inside of SketchUp or indeed any 3D application.
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.