Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video What are styles, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So, we're in Chapter 02-01, What are Styles.…Styles are the way that everything looks, in a nutshell.…It's one of the few things that isn't controlled…by the Styles are the position of the Tool Bars.…These are just where you left them…the last time you opened up SketchUp.…So, the ones I've got, and I tend to use mostly…are the Google one, which is this one here,…the Large tool set, which is the thing down the side.…I've got the Section, which is really important.…And, I've got Standard, Styles, and Views.…So, this is the Standard one.…
The Styles one is sitting just behind this drop down,…and the Views are these.…Okay, so that's the way I've configured this for the moment.…But, it doesn't really matter…what template you start off with.…We're gonna have a look at the Styles dialogue box,…and how it controls the way…that everything looks inside of SketchUp.…Now, before I start clicking anything…I'll just open up the Styles dialogue box.…That's Window and Styles.…Now, this needs to be handy at all times,…because as soon as I start changing the way that anything…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.