Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video What to expect from watching this course, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- It was always my intent to create several series to cover the full process of generating a model in SketchUp, and in this case it's an architectural project and then using the scenes and styles and section cuts to get that content from SketchUp into LayOut. Whether you're using it for architectural purposes or whether you're using it for any other type of project the principles are precisely the same. It is my plan in this series to give you the confidence to generate any sort of view that you want from the SketchUp model and to be able to accurately export it into LayOut and set it up, annotate it, render it, however you wanted to.
So regardless whether you're working on an architectural project or not, the principles that will be covered in this series are same for any type of application that you wanted to use SketchUp for. Teaching over 250 students every year on how to use SketchUp I have become very familiar with the general problems that they encounter and the greatest one is the link between SketchUp and LayOut and how scenes and styles have to be sort of married together for it to work properly.
So I'm going to point out best practices for all of this stuff. So if you're interested in getting out content from SketchUp into LayOut then this is definitely the series for you.
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.