Learn the essentials of SketchUp 2017, the free and easy-to-use 3D drawing, design, and rendering program.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Hi I'm George Maestri and today we're going to take a look at SketchUp. SketchUp is a very easy to use 3-D modelling application. And we're going to get you up to speed on this terrific application. We'll take a look at the SketchUp interface and then we'll move on to manipulating objects. After that we'll teach you how to draw in SketchUp and then show you some organization tools. And finally we're going to take a look at how to work with materials on both Windows and the Mac, then apply textures to objects.
So let's go ahead and get started with SketchUp.
Note: The core features of SketchUp Make, the free version of SketchUp covered in this course, and SketchUp Pro, the paid version of the program, are identical. Users of both versions should be able to follow along with the training.
- Creating new camera views
- Configuring custom toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text in SketchUp
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials on Mac and Windows
- Animating and rendering your drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp 2016 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 12m Appropriate for all
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Draw in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Materials and Textures: Windows
8. Materials and Textures: Mac
9. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.