Design the kitchen of your dreams with SketchUp. Learn how to design a new kitchen that fits your existing space using "the easiest, most fun, entirely free 3D drawing tool in the world."
- [Scott] Hi, my name is Scott Onstott, and I'd like to welcome you to SketchUp Kitchen Design. SketchUp is the most intuitive way to design, document, and communicate your ideas in 3D. In this course, we will sketch an existing kitchen, model it in 3D, and then proceed to remodel it in SketchUp. No prior 3D modeling experience is required. In the end, we'll have a new 3D kitchen that you could present to your local cabinet maker, who would be able to install the real thing in your home. After you tackle the example project, you'll be able to redesign your own kitchen with confidence.
We will add to your knowledge step by step, with topics such as basic modeling skills, using layers, groups, components. Finding ready made models in the 3D warehouse, and showing off your 3D model, with styles, scenes, shadows and more. So let's get started with SketchUp Kitchen Design.
- Importing a 2D sketch
- Modeling and demolishing your current kitchen
- Creating a model of the new kitchen
- Altering walls
- Designing an island
- Adding counters and cabinets
- Inserting appliances and fixtures
- Assigning materials
- Adding lighting
- Animating a camera to visualize the kitchen