Learn the basics of SketchUp's easy-to-use 3D drawing, design, and rendering tools in these SketchUp tutorials.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm George Maestri, and welcome to SketchUp 2016 Essential Training. SketchUp is a very easy-to-use 3D drawing tool In this course, we'll take a look at the basics of how to get going in the software. We'll take a look at the SketchUp interface, and then we'll move on to manipulating objects. After that, we'll teach you how to draw in SketchUp, and then teach you some organization tools. And finally, we're gonna take a look at how to work with materials on Windows and the Mac, then apply textures to objects.
So let's get started with SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.