Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Warning triangles and missing files, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So, we're in Chapter 08-01 and before we start…loading up our templates full of content,…I just wanna explain what might happen…if you decide you want to send some files…off to somebody else.…Now, what SketchUp and LayOut do nicely…is link with each other.…However, those links reside on your machine.…And, even thought you might have moved the file…it'll also create a copy of that into a temporary folder.…The temporary folder for the Windows machine…go back to Chapter 06-05 or 06-07…and that will explain where those things are kept.…
And, on a Mac it's much deeper inside the system,…and almost impossible to explain.…But, luckily if you've got a Mac…then you click Unlink and Relink…and it takes you back to the ref folder.…Just hover over that and see where the file path is…and you we'll understand what I mean.…But, to resolve this sort of issue…where we've got missing images completely...…For me to have been able to replicate this…I had to go into the temporary folder…where this series of files was generated…when I loaded the file,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.