Learn how to use the Walk tool to move throughout the model in this video.
- [Instructor] The walk tool is a great way…to move through your model without disappearing into a wall.…The walk tool is found under Camera, Walk,…or you can find it under the large tool set…under View, Tool Palettes, Large Tool Set.…Click on the feet icon, and your cursor will change to feet,…and you can click and drag to walk through your model.…You can see, down in our measurements box,…that our eye height is pretty high.…
So you can override that by typing six feet, enter,…and you can orbit or use the look around tool…to adjust what you're seeing.…I'll go back to the walking tool,…and click and drag to move throughout my model.…Unlike the zoom tool, the walking tool will not allow you…to walk through a wall.…If you'd like to move faster,…you can hold down the Control button on a PC,…or the Option button on a Mac.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.