This video familiarizes you with an alternate way to navigate SketchUp 2016 via walking through the 3D scene and looking around. The video covers the Position Camera tool, the Walk tool, and the Look Around tool, which give you the ability to navigate a scene much like a real person would.
- [Instructor] Another way to navigate your scene…is to simply walk and look around.…Now we can do that by using some tools…on the camera menu.…If we go to the bottom of this camera menu,…you'll notice we have three tools here.…One is position camera.…The next one is walk.…And then the last one is look around.…So if I select position camera, notice how my icon…changes to a little man here.…And I can place my camera anywhere in the scene.…
If I left click, the camera will be placed there.…And my icon will change to an eye.…And this is the second tool.…This is the tool called look around.…So if I look around, that means I can basically just…pan the camera around the scene.…And if you notice, in the bottom right hand corner,…we have an eye height.…And this is the physical height of that camera.…Right now, it's set to five feet six inches…but if you want to, you could change it to, say,…six foot four inches and move the camera up a little bit.…
Now we also have another tool called walk.…If I select that, my icon changes to a pair of shoes.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Configuring toolbars and tray windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and rendering your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Draw in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Materials and Textures in Windows
8. Materials and Textures on the Mac
9. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.