Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video V-Ray proxies, part of SketchUp Rendering: Using V-Ray 2.
- In this final exercise for our course,…we're going to take a quick look…at how we can go about creating…levels of detail in our scenes…when rendering with V-Ray…that would perhaps otherwise…be completely impossible to create.…To help us do this, we're going to be taking a look…at the V-Ray proxy.…Now a proxy is defined as something or someone…that stands in, deputizes for, or acts on behalf of another.…A proxy object in V-Ray then,…is a visually simplified piece of geometry…that is present in the scene to act…as a stand in for a much more complex subject.…
One that, in of itself,…would be difficult to make use of in SketchUp…due to the strain that it would place on system resources.…For instance, making use of a proxy…instead of a dense polygon mesh can help in terms…of the way viewpoint navigation handles in SketchUp.…Every 3D user has, or will at some point,…experience working with a scene, in which,…viewpoint navigation becomes if not impossible,…certainly extremely frustrating, as the view…stutters and jumps around in a most unhelpful way.…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.