Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video V-Ray frame buffer overview, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- One very powerful part of the tool set…that V-Ray brings to SketchUp is the V-Ray frame buffer…or VFB for short.…Far from being just a viewing window for the images…that are rendered out of V-Ray,…the V-Ray frame buffer is a production-strength tool…in its own right.…So in this video we're going to take a quick tour…of its interface and look briefly at some…of the extremely useful tools that it brings to the table.…We can quickly open up the V-Ray frame buffer…by clicking the icon found on the main V-Ray tool bar,…and, if we have already taken a render…in the scene with which we are working,…as I have here,…then the frame buffer window will open…with that last render already loaded in.…
Across the top of the frame buffer window,…we have access to a number of tools and options…such as the various "RGB",…as well as the "alpha" channels for our image.…We have "load" and "clear" image functions.…We have "render", and "region render" buttons,…and we also, from the drop-down here,…gain quick and easy access to any of…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.