Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video V-Ray Sphere Light, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- One of the really nice editions, too,…V-Ray 2.0 for Sketchup was the addition…of two new light types,…one of which, and the subject of this video,…was the Sphere Light.…Now, in essence, having already looked…at the controls for the V-Ray Rectangle Light,…we have seen much of what the Sphere Light…has to offer in the way of controls and options,…although, that of course, shouldn't prevent us,…from taking a quick look at them.…To do so, we will naturally need…to add a Spherical Light to our start seam,…so let's come up to the Lights toolbar,…click the "Sphere" option,…and then follow the exactly the same procedure,…as per our previous dorm light exercise.…
So, with the first left-click,…we set the Sphere Light's location in the seam,…and then with the second, we can fix its size,…which, in this instance, is important,…as the Sphere Light is also a genuine area light type,…meaning that both illumination and shadows,…will be affected by its size in the seed.…Let's leave this fairly small to stab with then,…and also move it up on the blue axis,…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.