Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video V-Ray Rectangle Light, part of SketchUp Rendering: Using V-Ray 2.
- The second artificial light type…to come under examination in this chapter…is the V-Ray Rectangle Light.…A particularly versatile…and powerful lighting option in V-Ray…that has very much been designed…to mimic real-world light objects.…For this reason, it is a light type…that we will find ourselves working with…quite a bit in V-Ray.…To make an examination of it,…we will, of course, need to add one to the scene.…So, let's come to our lights toolbar…and click to select the Rectangle Option.…Now, unlike most of the others,…the rectangle light isn't created…with just a single mouse click.…
In this instance, we need to left-click once…to set a start point for the light,…and then, essentially, draw out the rectangular area…that will determine both the shape…and size of our rectangle light.…The second left-click will lock the light dimensions…into place for us.…We will, in this instance, then,…want to go ahead and grab the Move Tool,…so that we could raise the light up…toward the overhead light housing.…Now, we could, as with our earlier Omnilite exercise,…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.