Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video V-Ray Omni Light, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- When rendering with V-Ray and SketchUp,…there is a pretty good chance that we will, at some point,…need to create or recreate artificial or man-made…light sources in our scenes.…To help with this, V-Ray actually provides five different…light types that can be used to cover pretty much…any artificial lighting situation that may arise.…If we examine our V-Ray for SketchUp lights toolbar and…take note of the tool tips as we go along,…you see that we have Omni, Rectangle, Spot,…and then skipping one, Sphere and IES light types available.…
Creating any one of these is a pretty straightforward…process, as you'll see over the next few videos,…given that we are going to look at each of the light types…and the parameters that control them.…Now, if you're wondering about the one that we skipped…over here, the V-Ray Dome light, don't worry as we will be…taking a look at that as well.…I simply didn't include it in the list of artificial…light tools, as it is really has been designed to function…as the ultimate outdoor sky light option in V-Ray.…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.