Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video V-Ray Express presets, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- With the introduction of Service Pack 2,…V-Ray for SketchUp version 2, acquired some new…and extremely powerful preset tools…that can be used on any commercial or non-commercial…projects that we like.…These come in the form of a new V-Ray Express download…that can be accessed once you have logged in…from the downloads section of the Chaos Group website.…Now, although I am not going to walk through…the installation of these tools here,…given that it is a very straightforward process,…what I will do is quickly show you how to…access the new presets that the install makes available.…
To take a look at the first set,…we need to come to the Window menu…and open up the Components dialogue.…Straightaway you can see that we now have…a V-Ray Components entry, which if we click,…reveals a number of preset libraries,…namely HDRI, Studio Lighting, and Studios.…In the HDRI section, what we get are actually a number…of dome light presets that already have HDR images…attached to them, with the preset name giving us a clue…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.