Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video V-Ray Dome Light, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Having already taken a look at one…V Ray specific sky lighting tool,…that being the GI skylight option,…we're going to take a look in this video…at another, the V Ray dome light,…which, in my honest opinion,…offers not only the greatest flexibility,…but ultimately the greatest quality…when it comes to creating any kind…of sky light effect when using V Ray.…To create a dome light, we will need to follow…some, by now, pretty familiar creation steps.…Meaning we need to come to the V Ray lights tool bar,…click on the Dome Light button,…and then left click once in the view port…to set a start point for our dome light creation,…and then click a second time to set an end point.…
With that, our dome light is created.…The distance between our start and end points here…being used to determine the size…of the dome light gizmo that we see.…Although, with the dome light,…the actual size or position of the gizmo in the scene…doesn't effect the look of the light…we get from it in any way at all.…What can make a difference though…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.