Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using fixed rate sampling, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- Given that V-Ray is a retrace render engine…and given that image sampling lives at…the heart of the retrace render process,…we can perhaps see why the choice of…sampling engine in our renderer can become…a fairly critical production decision,…one that definitely needs to be made wisely.…For this reason then, over the next few videos…we're going to walk ourselves through…a quick overview of the workings of…and controls available for each of…the sampling engines in V-Ray.…Now, if it is that you are unfamiliar with just what…image sampling is and what the process is all about,…you may want to check out the "Image Sampling Explained"…video in Chapter one of my V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max…Essential training course also found on lynda.com.…
To get started here though, let's open up our…Options dialogue and jump into the…Image sampler or Antialiasing rollout.…In the Type drop down, we can see that we…essentially have three engine options from which to choose,…Fixed Rate, Adaptive DMC, and Adaptive Subdivision.…As Fixed Rate is first on the list, this is the one…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.