Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of SketchUp: Kitchen Design.
- [Instructor] If you are a premium member of the lynda.com library you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. These files can be found on the Exercise Files tab on the main course page. If you go into the Exercise Files folder you'll find that the content is organized by chapter. In each chapter folder you'll find a number of SketchUp files and in some cases there are image files, PDFs, and/or Excel spreadsheets. If you want to make changes to these files as you're working, I recommend that you save your work in the My Files subfolders.
Each chapter has one of these folders. That way you can keep track of which files you've altered and which files come with the course. If you don't have access to the exercise files, you can follow along from scratch or with your own assets. Let's get started.
- Importing a 2D sketch
- Modeling and demolishing your current kitchen
- Creating a model of the new kitchen
- Altering walls
- Designing an island
- Adding counters and cabinets
- Inserting appliances and fixtures
- Assigning materials
- Adding lighting
- Animating a camera to visualize the kitchen