Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- If you're a premium member of the lynda.com library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. These files can be found on the Exercise Files tab on the main course page. I'll open this folder and you can see that in this folder we have a number of JPEGs. These are images that are used in the textures throughout the project. We also have some other files. We have a AutoCAD drawing file. We have a PDF, which is the keyboard shortcuts.
And we also have a Excel file which is the same shortcuts so you can edit that if you want to make any changes. And below that you'll see we start with Tiny House 0 and we just work our way through the sample files as we go throughout the course. If you don't have access to the exercise files, you can follow along from scratch or with your own assets. Let's get started.
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.