Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- If you're a premium subscriber to Lynda.com you will get access to all the content that I will be using in this series. The content will be arranged in chapter order and when a specific file or piece of content is being used, it'll be highlighted on a fly out at the bottom of the screen. Just a little note on file compatability SketchUp and Layout are not backward compatible so if you've got the latest version of SketchUp and Layout then you will be fine.
If you are using a 2014 or earlier version and someone sends you a 2015 file then you will struggle to open it. So as Layout was introduced in the Version 6 of SketchUp Pro, as a feature. And I'm saving all the layout files in this series to Version 1, and I'm saving all the SketchUp files to Version 6 if you're using an earlier version of SketchUp then that wouldn't have come with Layout anyway so you would need to update to a later version.
So just make sure when you're saving your Layout and SketchUp files that you save to a version that is compatible with your other files on the system. So in Layout for example, save as Layout files. Now this is a 2015 version so just click on this drop down and then you've got 1, 2, 3, 2013, 2014. Okay, so similar thing would occur in SketchUp.
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.