Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Rectangle tool , part of SketchUp 8 Essential Training.
Now let's take a look at the Rectangle tool.…It's probably a little bit easier to draw boxes with this than the Line tool, so…let's start playing with it.…First thing I'm going to do is activate the Select key by hitting the Spacebar,…select my person and hit Delete, and then let's get to the Rectangle tool.…We can get to it under the Draw menu>Rectangle, hotkey is R, or it's right over…here on the toolbar, you can see it's just the rectangle.…So in order to use it, all you have to do is just lay down two points, so you'll…left-click, lay down that first point, and then you can click and drag to lay…the second point and that just creates a rectangle.…
With the Rectangle tool, you can also do some snapping and inferencing.…So if I select my Rectangle tool, left-click and drag, you'll notice how as…I get the certain parts, like right here, notice how it's actually creating a square.…So when you get to the point where it's almost square, it's going to snap to…that and tell you that you have a square which is nice.…
- Setting preferences
- Building scenes
- Pushing and pulling faces into 3D
- Creating 3D text
- Measuring and labeling models
- Creating, editing, and adjusting materials
- Projecting maps onto curved objects
- Modeling with floor plans
- Rendering a scene
- Geolocating models with Google Maps
- Modeling in Photo Match
- Hiding objects dynamically
- Creating solids
- Exporting objects for rendering
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know the Interface
2. Manipulating Objects
4. Measuring and Labeling
5. Working with Components
6. Organizing Scenes
7. Creating Textures and Materials
8. Rendering and Animating
9. Creating Terrain Using Sandbox
10. Using Photo Match and Google Earth
11. SketchUp Pro: Creating Dynamic Components
12. SketchUp Pro: Working with the Solid Tools
13. SketchUp Pro: Importing and Exporting
Exporting objects5m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.