Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the RT Engine, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- V-Ray RT, or V-Ray Real Time, to give it its full title,…can potentially provide a huge productivity boost…for render artists using SketchUp given that,…as we work, RT's interactive rendering capabilities…can oftentimes eliminate the need for us…to sit around waiting for test renders…in order to evaluate the latest tweaks and changes…that we have made to our scenes.…Activating an RT render is as easy as clicking…the RT button found on the main V-Ray Toolbar.…After a few moments of scene passing or processing,…this will bring up the V-Ray frame buffer window…with an RT render in progress.…
The brilliant thing here is that the V-Ray frame buffer…has now become a completely interactive render window.…Indeed, if I just go ahead and change my camera view…in the SketchUp viewport, we can see RT updating…the V-Ray frame buffer window as we go.…Fantastic, of course, for being able to quickly…try out a variety of shot types and framings for our scene.…And of course, camera position is not…the only thing that we can work with.…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.