Understand techniques to speed workflow in SketchUp by creating multiple views using scenes. This video discusses the scene manager, which allows artists to create multiple views into the scene. These views can be managed and named, allowing you the ability to switch quickly between multiple viewports.
- [Instructor] When we work in 3D there are many times when…we'll need to have multiple views of our scene available.…And we can do that in SketchUp using scenes.…Now on the Macintosh scenes will…be found under the Window menu.…On the PC it will be located in your default tray.…So if you're using Windows,…make sure you have scenes checked.…Now I am using Windows so I'm going to go ahead…and just pull out my default tray and pin that.…And you'll see I have a scenes rollout here.…
Now this will look the same on the Macintosh as well.…Now I currently do not have any scenes…available in my project here.…But if i want to I can simply add…a scene by hitting the plus sign.…When I do that it asks me a question.…And it basically says that I'm updating…a scene and have not changed my style.…Sometimes you'll get this especially if you…change your face or edge views.…So I'm going to go ahead and use the default,…save as new style, and create a scene.…
And when I do it creates this scene…and it just names it by default scene one.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Configuring toolbars and tray windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and rendering your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Draw in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Materials and Textures in Windows
8. Materials and Textures on the Mac
9. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.