Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the Protractor tool, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- When we want to measure angles,…or create angle guidelines, we can use the protractor tool.…Now we can find this under tools, protractor.…You can also find it in the large tool set.…But if we select protractor, notice how this icon comes up,…very similar to the rotate icon…and all we have to do with this is hover over…whatever we want to measure in our scene,…left click and drag and drag out the angle…we want to measure.…
So in this case, let's say I want to measure the angle…of this triangle, all i have to do is left click…on that end point, on the green axis,…drag out a radius…and then drag out that angle.…And notice how this creates a guideline,…much like the tape measure tool.…Now when I click off of that it gives me the angle…of 53.6 degrees but in addition to this,…it also creates a guideline and I can use that guideline…as a basis for drawing.…
So if I select my line tool, I can draw a matching triangle.…So I'm going to go ahead and select all of these,…just box select all of these and delete them.…Let's do something a little bit more practical.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.