Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the Outliner and Entity Info, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- Another way to stay organized…is to use the Outliner and Entity Info windows.…Now the Outliner is a list…of every object in your scene.…I have the Outliner here…in my Default Tray.…Now if you're on the Macintosh,…you'll have to access it through the Window menu.…Now the Outliner shows you…the names of all the objects in the scene.…So if I click on one of these objects,…you can see that this one here is Potted plant,…here's the Trailer, and here is the Stairs.…
Now this is a great way to select objects in the scene.…I can actually click on their names to select them,…and I can also hold down Shift…to multi-select them.…Now some of the objects in the scene…don't really have descriptive names,…so if I were to select one of these objects,…I could rename it…using the Entity Info window.…Now we've seen this before…but let's go ahead back into it.…Now this is where we can…assign an object to a Layer,…as we've seen before.…
Well we also can give objects names.…So for example, this little piece of fence,…we can call it FenceA.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.