Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the Interact tool, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- Let's take a look at one more thing…about components,…and that's interactivity.…Now, interactivity can be applied using…SketchUp Pro, and our SketchUp Pro course…covers how to do that.…But any SketchUp Make user…can access interactivity once it's been added…to a component.…Now this is a very simple tool to use.…All we do is go under Tools,…and find Interact.…
Now my cursor changes to this little hand…pointing a finger.…And if I hover over certain objects,…you'll see how it goes from red with a no sign…to yellow, and if I click on that,…you can actually open and close this door here.…You can open and close the dishwasher.…So, for example, this drawer here,…these cabinets, and so on.…So this gives you interactivity…with the things in your scene.…
Now, if you have this on your components,…it's a great way to see how things will work.…If you are designing a kitchen for example…you'll want to make sure that the cabinet doors…don't bang into the refrigerator,…and this is a great way to understand…if that's going to happen.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.