Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the Component Options window, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- In SketchUp components…don't have to be just simple objects,…they can also have intelligence…that comes along with them.…So here I have a blank scene,…but I've placed some components into it.…And all of these components have intelligence.…Let's take a look at them.…So I'm going to into my Components window here,…and you can see that I have…a couple of different components here.…The first one I'm going to select is Fence.…Now this is just a basic…prototype of a picket fence.…
Now if I drag this into the scene…you'll say, wow, that's a very short fence,…it doesn't really have much to it,…but it does have intelligence to it.…So it will automatically add pickets…depending upon how the object is scaled.…So if I select my Scale tool…and scale this along this axis…notice what happens.…It adds pickets to fill in the gaps.…
So if I shrink this down…it will subtract pickets.…Now this is really great.…But we also have additional options…that we can use with this particular component.…Now if we go into Window…you'll see we have a Component Options window here,…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.