Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the 3D Warehouse, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- One of the nice things about SketchUp…is that it has a really good community of users.…And these users like to share their work.…Now, they share their work through an Internet site…called the 3D Warehouse.…You can find it at 3dwarehouse.sketchup.com,…and when you go there, you'll see an interface…something like this, with all sorts of models,…as well as a way to search the Warehouse.…Now, probably the easier way to get to this…is through SketchUp itself.…
You can search the 3D Warehouse…from the Components window…just by typing into the search box in Components.…Another way to get to it is through the File menu,…we have File, 3D Warehouse, Get Models.…We also have Share Models, in case…you have something that you want to upload.…Let's take a look at Get Models,…we're going to go ahead into 3D Warehouse…and get some models.…So, in this 3D Warehouse, we have all sorts of objects…from a number of different people.…
And you can search for really…any type of object or building.…Let's say you wanted to find the Eiffel Tower,…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.