Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating scenes, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So we're in CH03-03 Updating scenes.…I'm just going to show you a couple subtle differences…to updating scenes with some…of these settings turned on and off.…And we're concentrating on the camera location for this…or otherwise we could be here hours…going through all of the other bits.…And to be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% certain…on the viability of some of these options…but the camera location one is definitely…something that you need to know about.…So, I've created three scenes,…"Box", "Box rotate" and "Box no camera"…via the Scene dialog box.…
And there they are.…So Box is this one, it's just a cube.…Two meters by two meters by two meters if you're interested…and we have a "Hidden Line" style applied to it.…Box rotate has a repositioned camera setting.…So I've basically moved from one side to the other.…And it's got a "Shaded" style applied to it.…The third one is Box no camera.…And that has a "Shaded with textures" style applied to it.…
Now, because the Box no camera has this setting unticked,…if I move back to the original box,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.