Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating and saving materials to a project, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So, Chapter 607, we're going to change this…hard core material out to an earthy material…and we're going to save it to our project folder.…I'm just going to show you that process.…It's kind of a deliberate mistake to…apply the incorrect material.…We want this really to look like earth…and not like this hard core.…The hard core's going to be applied to actual…hard core layer.…This just gives me an excuse to show you…some more things that you can do with materials.…The first thing I'm going to do is select one…from the drop down of the existing materials.…
So, under Ground Cover, we'll pick this one…sort of a ground cover dirt red.…We'll apply that to this material, so that's over written…that material and it looks a bit more appropriate…for our needs.…Then we go to the Model Materials and there it is.…So it's currently called Ground Cover Dirt Red,…so I'll change it to Existing Soil…(keyboard keys clicking)…and then hit Enter to save that so it's now Existing Soil.…It's got the little triangle next to it to say it's in use…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.