Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the linear workflow option, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- One subject that seems to come up for discussion time…and again in the world of rendering and one…that coincidentally also seems to generate a huge amount…of confusion is the topic of Linear workflow.…Now whilst we are not in this video going to even attempt…to cover this subject in any kind of depth,…we do need very quickly to take a look at…and discuss an option of the same name that can be found…in the Option Editor's Color mapping roll-out.…We need to do this…because despite its slightly misleading name…and despite the fact that the V-Ray for SketchUp Help…clearly states otherwise,…many users do appear to have gotten it fixed in their minds…that this is a checkbox that needs to be enabled…if we want to make use of a linearized rendering workflow…which simply put is not true.…
What this checkbox does provide is a quick and easy way…for users to apply an Inverse Gamma Correction…to all bitmap textures and color swatches found inside any…of the V-Ray materials that we may be using.…Something that can be both good and bad at the same time.…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.