Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Trimming out two windows with Offset and Push/Pull, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- Next we're going to build some trim around the windows.…Zoom in and you'll notice that there is…a tiny piece of plywood that's missing,…and it will just be a lot easier for us…if we go ahead and add that in.…So type R for rectangle.…And snap to the corner, and rotate around,…snap to the opposite corner, then P…and pull it out, and snap there on the outer surface.…Press the space bar, triple click on the object.…
Press G, B. Hold down the command key,…sample the material on the plywood…and then click on the object.…We're gonna need a similar piece over there…so let's just go ahead and copy it.…Okay, now.…Before I build the trim let's think about the layering.…Go to Window, Layers.…So far we've been building everything on exterior sheathing.…That's not exactly correct because…this is trim, not really sheathing.…
Let's make a new layer; Call it Exterior Trim.…Set that current.…And then select all the exterior trim…and open up Entity Info…and change the Layer to Exterior Trim.…Close Layers, close Entity Info.…We're on the new exterior trim layer.…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.