Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Trench and backfill, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- Now it's time to create the trench…and our backfill, which is two separate elements.…What we'll also do is create the hardcore separately as well…We'll do it slightly different than we've got it here…but this piece of grammed which is going to be…our sort of, this and then this is going to be our hardcore.…If we think about this, instead of making some…complicated shapes by sort of selecting a line…and push pulling it out and then adding extra bits…and pieces, we'll just take this profile.…This shape here and we'll follow me around the corner…and then that's pretty much got it all done…in one fellow swoop and then we'll try…something similar with these bits.…
We can't do these together.…We have to do them individually…but it's not going to be too onerous a task.…So just spend a little bit of time…thinking about how you're going to do something…and it's often going to be a time saving exercise eventually…so we move over to the Chapter 2- 07 file…and we are creating our trench and backfill…so we'll start off with the tape measure tool.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.