Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Template start, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- So we're now gonna create our template.…We're in CH07-01 and this is called Template start.…We're gonna create a template…that looks something like this,…it's just a very simple logo,…a bit of text, few lines and a border.…This border is ten mil off the edge of the page.…I've set up this on an A1 sheet,…but if you want to use the Arch sizes…or a different size sheet…then you're more than welcome to do that.…Principles are exactly the same.…A couple of other things…that we need to be aware of before we start:…if you have a multiple-sheet-sized document,…then, unfortunately, even though we can create…as many pages as we want, they all have to be the same size.…
You can't embed a different page size in a different sheet,…which is a bit of a shame.…Also, zero zero as far as the sheet size goes…is up here and not down here,…which causes a few more problems.…So, ideally, you would want to create a document…with your A3 drawings on…and a document with your A1 drawings, et cetera.…So if you haven't gotten access to the files,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.